Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I've been bitten...

...by the sewing bug. Now that I've done my costume, I just want to sew sew sew. I know this is a phase, but I'm guessing that it will continue for at least a few weeks.

So now I'm working on a dress and a twins T-Shirt.

First - The dress. I'm using McCall pattern 5925. I'm making D, which is the yellow one in the picture below. I found some great Grey corduroy which almost has a little purple tint to it at the best most amazing fabric store I've ever stepped foot in (Mill End Textiles). My progress thus far - I have cut everything out except the interfacing (that's tonight's project) and done the first 14 steps of the pattern (which sounds like a lot, but some of those were specific to the other dress types). Tonight I want to cut out the aforementioned interfacing and get through some more of those crazy steps. I would LOVE to have it finished by Friday to wear out to dinner. We're hitting up Fogo de Chao as part of restaurant week. So excited!
Next up: Twins T-Shirt. I got tickets for Thursday night's playoff games against those damn Yankees! Woohoo! I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I heart any sporting event live and it's my first game in target field and I'm told they are good seats, so I'm pumped. I have a twins shirt from 2003 so I figure it's time to replace it. I searched high and low last night (well, a few stores but zero luck...thanks to all those ppl with great ideas today...file them under things I wish I knew yesterday). I didn't find anything. But I did find a baseball style t at Old Navy on clearance for $3.99 and it was 40% off and I got an extra 10% off because it was Tuesday and I'm awesome so it was like $2.15. The sleeves are blue, the rest is white so I'm going to try to make my own twins shirt. It will either be epically awesome or an epic fail. I'm really ok with either because I already have the rest of the materials. If it's awesome I'll post pics. If it's a fail, I still might post pics. Depends on how epic of a failure. Check back tomorrow for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment