Monday, December 6, 2010

and it's Monday again

I had a very productive weekend despite all the hanging out I did.

I made some more cookies. My gingerbread men got a tad hefty!
I attempted caramels for the first time. Boil boil boil.
Then waited for them to setup. It seemed to take forever! They turned out wonderful!

Then I did some sewing. My quality assurance manager was watching for any mistakes or safety violations. He's so picky and such a micro manager.
But despite his hovering, I did manage to finish another piece of Brin's Christmas present.
I decorated almost 80 cut out cookies (thanks to Amanda for saving the day with some backup frosting when I ran out!)
And then I packaged up some of the goods to take home. Below is a small sampling of our cookie bounty. I ended up with two cake pans FULL of Christmas treats.

I didn't get anything done on Peyton's present, which makes me a bit sad, but that's what next weekend is for. I'll be sewing and cooking. Hopefully on a post next Monday I'll be able to say I got mom's cut out cookies done, Brin's skirts done and Peyton's PJ pants completed. That's my hope at least! We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment