Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fabric purchased

I had a successful trip to Mill End last night.

1. I got my fabric for my dress. I'm going to classify the color as Dark Teal. It's really pretty and I think with the right accessories it will be really sharp. Plus I can wear brown or black tights which makes me happy. I don't have to chose! I'm trying to decide what to do with my hair and leaning towards a headband with some red on it to compliment the teal. We shall see what happens! The fabric was 3.00 a yard and I got it half off so $3.00 for that, $1.50 for the elastic and I bought thread which was a few bucks. The pattern is 99 cents, so about $7.00 for a new dress. not too shabby.

2. I got batting for pot holders. I fear pot holders. I fear the fact that there are multiple layers and binding and you have to quilt them. But I'm going to face my fear. I have all the other supplies. I've had the quilting supplies and books for a year and I'm just so scared I haven't done anything. This weekend, I will face the pot holder. My plan - to make some pot holders without the four square top to figure out binding and batting and quilting and all that jazz and then jump into four square tops. I have a whole bin of fabric from my mom to work with. None of my pot holders will match, but they will be functional and sometimes, that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment