Tuesday, December 28, 2010

NYE dress


I want to make a dress to wear on NYE. It's Tuesday, NYE is Friday, this might be a problem. But I have Friday off, so we shall see!

The party I go to every year is hosted by some friends of mine from college. They always do it with a dress code suggested as cocktail attire. In past years, they've done black and white as the theme, but this year, we're allowed to punch it up with some color.

I found a great Butterick pattern that I thought would be fun (5523) but they aren't on sale. McCall's patterns are on sale starting Thursday so I'm thinking McCall's 6112, 6026 or 6200. I'm leaning towards 6112. They show it (see above) in an animal print, although I don't think I'll be doing mine in an animal print. I'm going to head to Mill End after work and see if I can get the fabric. Then Thursday I can get the pattern and hopefully when they say Easy McCall's, they mean it! If not, I have some other options in my closet. I just want to start the new year with a new dress. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment