Thursday, December 2, 2010

I wanna dance!

Last night I finished one of little Brin's tutus. Finished except going back over for some add'l lose threads. Not the skirt part, just the body suit part of it. The picture is bad (is that a theme throughout my blog? I feel like I type that sentence a lot). But you get the idea! It's much more red than the picture leads one to believe. This particular tutu has no sleeves. The pattern does have the option for sleeves, so when I make the purple one I plan on putting short sleeves on it for something different. If I have enough fabric left, I might make a few extras in a smaller size. The 3 just seems so big and she's such a peanut. Although Peyton might fit into the 3s. Apparently one of the last times she stayed at my mom's house she wore size 18mos PJ bottoms (and she's almost 5!). If I have an extra size 2 tutu, I know a little girl in Lino Lakes that would look very cute all dressed up and has a birthday coming up in January! BTW...this is pattern 5545 from Butterick.
I also got the bow fixed on Peyton's PJ shirt. I'm not 100% in love with it, and might try to add some more detail, but I'm in the mode right now that it's ok if I don't have the time to fix it up.

Tonight on deck is possibly some cookie baking with my sister. If that doesn't happen I'll be trying to get a purple tutu cut out and sewn together. My goal is by Saturday when all my weekend plans start to have a clean apt (only one room left to clean) and have two tutus 100% done. Next Saturday I will be working the skirts and the PJ pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment