Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another Christmas come and gone...

Christmas is over. I'm not really all that sad about it. I had my fill of family and gifts and giving for a year. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but some ppl get so into the gifts and not the thought behind them or the effort to get/make/wrap them. Luckily for me, my little girlies appreciate things.

I have to share something my dad did this holiday season. Background: Father Redmond is a retired priest that is really good friends with my Grandpa D. He's a really neat guy and my dad and Father have bonded over their love of restoring things. Father had to take some trees down at his property, so he gave dad some of the wood to make a few things for Father's house. Dad knows a guy who makes pens out of wood so Dad gave the guy some wood that is from Father Redmond's property. Below are the pictures of Father and Grandpa Jerry with their new pens. Dad made the box out of the wood and he layered the different types. Both the pen and box were beautiful. I know the gift meant a lot to both Father and Grandpa. My dad is a pretty thoughtful guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment